We are pleased to introduce version 7.2 of our ChemDoodle 3D software. This update is free for all ChemDoodle subscriptions, Lifetime and Site licenses. Licenses are as little as $18, and we have a free trial available at: https://www.chemdoodle.com/3d
Symmetry analysis for various small molecules, analyzed in ChemDoodle 3D.
Executive SummaryChemDoodle 3D v7.2 includes advanced symmetry analysis features for finite sets of atoms and small molecules. A new widget is provided to easily view the symmetry features of your scene and selections. Through the widget, analysis is provided, such as point group class, order and orbit groups. You may also use this widget to easily visualize the symmetry components as well as view animations for those components. Additionally, you may now color atoms by symmetry for another way to portray symmetry in graphics.
- A new widget, called the Symmetry widget will perform symmetry analysis on all of the atoms in your scene or just a selection. Through the widget, analysis is provided, such as point group class, order and orbit groups. You may also use this widget to easily visualize the symmetry components as well as view animations for those components. Please see section 3.7.7 of the ChemDoodle 3D user guide for more information on the Symmetry widget. Please see section 15.11 for information on the symmetry engine and theory.
- You may now create Sets of Symmetry Component shapes in your scenes with the Symmetry widget for visualization of the symmetry components for sets of molecules, including inversions, rotations, reflections and rotoreflections. Please see section 8.5 of the ChemDoodle 3D user guide for more information.
- A new atom style will allow you to color atoms by symmetry, for another way to portray symmetry in graphics. Please see section 184.108.40.206 of the ChemDoodle 3D user guide for instructions.
- For bond split colors, the location of the split may now be defined with the "Split Halfway Between" style. If the bond is split between the two constituent atoms colors, then the location of the split is determined by this style. Choose to either split halfway between the rendered Atom Spheres or the locations of the Atom Coordinates. Atom Spheres is the default value.
- Text components of shape renderings will no longer appear if the shape has been set to not show.
- ChemDoodle 3D will now correctly notify you to change the default style sheet if only scene text size is changed.
- When changing between and loading documents, the View>Mesh Quality menu will update its selection state to the closest option based on the current values of the scene style sheet.