In the past, it was a struggle to create immersive and impressive scientifically oriented websites. You would need to create images of structures by hand or generate them from a servlet and cache them. No longer! Now you just load the chemical to a Viewer component and change its style. You may also change the default style for entire webpages with a few lines of code. They are fully customizable. No need to remake images for every small change to your website! Look at the following three caffeine structures. They are not images! It is a single MDL MOLFile from our server, drawn in three Viewer components with different styles, the last being ACS Document 1996. There is very little overhead and long load times for images are a thing of the past.
In total, there are currently 6 unique ChemDoodle Web Components:
- Viewer– view a static styled drawing
- Rotator– provide a rotating animation of structures
- Transformer– rotate, scale and translate structures
- Doodler– draw structures with an interface that mimics ChemDoodle
- MolGrabber– provide access to databases such as PubChem right on your website
- File Loader– allow users to load their own molecule files straight to your web based algorithms
For a complete description, installation instructions, beginner’s guide and API, visit the official ChemDoodle Web Components webpage. This library is open source and released under the GNU GPL license. iChemLabs is dedicated to funding and developing this project to ensure quality and continued success. We know they will be very useful for every scientist that has a webpage. And feel free to contact us for custom development and other requests. Enjoy!