ChemDoodle 5.1.0 has been released! We provide this upgrade, free of charge, to our existing v5 customers.
This update addresses several issues brought to our attention and adds a bunch of minor features. Support is added for ChemDoodle Web Components v5.
- Updated ChemDoodle Web Components support to version 5.
- It is now easy to copy/paste ChemDoodle JSON (for easier interaction with the web sketcher on a webpage) directly from the Edit menu.
- Added a Paste and Match Style menu item to the Edit menu to paste content and match the current style sheet.
- Zero order bonds are now rendered as a line of dots.
- Bonds can now easily be drawn between two atoms by just dragging the mouse close to the second atom when drawing.
- Half-arrows can now be drawn on bezier curves.
- Added 31 new glassware templates.
- You can now change the arrow type (full/half) in the shapes settings dialog.
- Added rearrangement arrow option to the shapes settings dialog.
- In the General panel in Preferences, you can now control the highlight, selected, preview and error colors.
- When using the Carbon Chain tool, the carbon chain will now invert in half portions depending on where the mouse is located. More angles are now allowed.
- Added a Delocalize menu item to the Structure menu to delocalize a Kekule structure.
- Added a menu accelerator for Copy as SMILES and Paste as SMILES.
- Improved the bitmap rendering of straight arrows.
- Minor graphical improvements inlcuding line highlighting and anchor rendering.
- Improved PubChem results.
- Implicit hydrogens are now preserved in MolGrabber if they help to define stereocenters.
- Fixed issue where fusing rings to bonds did not always choose the best orientation in the optimize zone.
- Mass calculations now take into account atom charges.
- Improved NMR simulation chemical shift accuracy for acetylene and aldehyde protons.
- Fixed bug where pasting chemically interpretted atoms would ignore formatting.
- Fixed issue where switching to new document when a text field is open reopens the old text field.
- Fixed bug where formatting a carbon label caused file corruption.
- Fixed bug where closing a blank formatted atom field would cause an error.
- Editing arrows using the shape settings window can now be undone.
- Reduced the width of the Unicode button in the Symbols widget to facilitate resizing.
- Resolved issues where using the shift key on Windows would cause some issues when editing content with a selection tool.
- Resolved issues where using the alt key on Windows would cause some issues when selecting content with a selection tool.
- Removed the invisible rotation anchor that would be present for single selected atoms.
- Decorated reaction arrows now correctly shift text to avoid overlaps.
- Fixed issue where using the atom start select tool in the Line Notation Pad widget would cause it to crash on rare occasions.
- Selection tools no longer allow the hovering of attributes when selecting single objects.
- Fixed issue when url encoding was required to properly query ChemExper.
- JCAMP spectra units are now detected regardless of case.
- Fixed Kekulizer issue where errors could occur.
- Improved detection of MOLFile variations.
- Minor textual corrections.